Sunday, March 23, 2014

Cranberry, Cashew and White Chocolate Chip Cookies


From the kitchen of One Perfect Bite...Despite an ingredient list that contains everything but the kitchen sink, these drop cookies are extremely easy to make and I think you will find them to be a real crowd pleaser. I found the recipe in Taste of Home magazine and while I have made no changes to it, due to the Silver Fox's penchant for crisp cookies, I must admit that I bake the cookies for a longer period of time than suggested in the directions below. Left to my druthers, I'd stick with the program and enjoy a moist and eminently chewable cookie, but for the sake of my audience I bake the cookies for a full 13 minutes, or until their edges begin to brown. The cookies, soft or crisp, are great keepers, and if you'd prefer not to bake the entire batch at one time, the dough can be frozen. This is a nice, if somewhat expensive, cookie that I suspect you and your family will thoroughly enjoy. Here is how they are made.




Cranberry Cashew and White Chocolate Chip Cookies...from the kitchen of One Perfect Bite courtesy of Taste of Home magazine

Ingredients:
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 package (10 to 12 ounces) white baking chips
1 cup chopped cashews
1 cup dried cranberries

Directions:
1) Cream butter and sugars in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the chips,
cashews and cranberries.
2) Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 9-11 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.

Follow Me on Pinterest                    

                                                    Older Posts


                 One Year Ago Today:                                                     Two Years Ago Today:
Lamb with Lemon Garlic and Rosemary Potatoes                       Milk Braised Pork Tenderloin


               Three Years Ago Today:                                                   Four Years Ago Today: 
         Thai-Style Honey Peanut Chicken                                                        Plum Bread

10 comments :

Ginny Hartzler said...

These look just divine! I can almost smell them as they come out of the oven...

Rafeeda AR said...

this must have tasted really good... love all the flavors in it!!!

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

Here it is midnight and I am ready to jump into the kitchen to bke cookies after seeing these photos.

Alicia Foodycat said...

Fantastic combination of flavours!

Diane said...

Now if I made those I would eat them all on my own, not good for the waistline :-))) Have a good week Diane

martine said...

Never buying supermarket cookies again

David said...

Mary, These cranberry, cashew and white chocolate chip cookies sound and look terrific! My wife had me print this one out so she could make up a batch asap! Thanks and Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

Susan Lindquist said...

What a great cookie! I can see how moist and chewy these are! Killer snacking!

Chiara said...

what a lovely recipe Mary, I love cashew !Blessings...

We Are Not Martha said...

Definitely one of my favorite flavor combinations! :)

Sues

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Printfriendly